Setting the scene.
It’s our mission to liberate the world of wine from the aloof, the exclusive, the confusing, and the pretentious. To open up the joy of wine discovery for the novices through to the aficionados, by reimagining what the wine retail experience can be for one of the oldest consumer products on earth.
To give you an idea, one of our first products is something we like to call "Spotify for Wine". We like to think of it as providing monthly wine adventures, customised to each member's unique tastes, delivered to their door. Where they can learn as much (or as little) about their wines each month as they like. But this is just the startWe're a little over two years old, and we've just started to hit our stride.
We've got traction with thousands of monthly customers. We've got the funds to pay you what you deserve thanks to a recent funding round. And we've got a strategy in place to take us to the next level. All we need is your skills and hard work to make it a reality.
Up till now we've been a small and scrappy team doing the best we could to achieve our vision with limited resources. But now that we have a few more resources there's a lot of easy wins to conquer and an ambitious challenge to sink your teeth into after that. You can expect to play a massive role in growing what we're building. We've got grand ambitions for where we want to take this baby, and you're going to play a huge part in getting us there.
We're not saying it's going to be easy. But we suspect if you're the one we're looking for, then you wouldn't want it to be. So keep reading...
What your mission will be.
To work inseparably with the dev team to design and build the best digital consumer wine experience in the world.
What we're looking for in you.
Creativity. Scientific approach. Communication. Attention to detail. Proactivity. Strategic thinking. Vision. Influence. Network. Negotiation. Persistence.
How you'll be measured.
Churn & Growth. Website stats. User interaction. NPS. Experiment throughput
What key outcomes we want you to hit in the first 12 months.
- 1 Month: Audit the entire consumer experience, suggest 10 ways it could be improved without building new tech and test these suggestions.
- 2 Months: Work with founders to develop and document our product design framework: product orientation, holistic experience design, prototyping, user testing and interaction and visual design.
- 3 Months: Lead the push to become a strongly design driven company and work with to provide technical feedback on brand redesign.
- 4 Months: Take charge or work with design firm on innovative packaging design, collateral and customer unboxing experience design.
- 6 Months: Launch our product suite rollout including, recommendation engine 2.0 customer interaction, multiple price points and the launch of our app.
- UX for all wines and individual wine hero pages with multiple prices. Filters, sorting etc.
- Members site design.Dashboard, my next wine box, account details, subscription. preferences, orders page, wine rating pages, admin, badges and rewards, invite friends, social profile and connections and checkout.
- Members app and tasting experience app.
- 12 Months: Work with founders to build a world best in class product team orientated around business outcomes.
What's in it for you.
Apart from building an amazing company from the ground up, Comp is negotiable for the right person with an expected salary range of: [$80-120k]. Employee share options in the company a definite possibility. And of course, there's a free wine subscription with your name on it!
You'll if the shoe fits, you'll get the opportunity to become our head of non digital marketing.
What you have to do.
If after reading the above, it sounds right up your alley and you're dying to apply, then please send through at least your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.
That's the whole burrito!