What you'll need:
- 400g large, de-veined and shelled prawns
- 1 ½ tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp lime zest (grated)
- 1 small hot chilli, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 stick of celery, finely sliced
- Small bunch of watercress, stems removed
- Small handful of coriander leaves
- Small handful of salted cashews, chopped
- 1 small papaya (make sure it’s ripe!), peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- Sea salt
Time: 30 minutes
Cook your prawns in boiling salted water for about 2 minutes, or until pink and curled. Once done, immediately chuck them into a bowl of iced water to cool and stay tender. After a minute, remove them, and pat them dry with kitchen paper.
Take a big salad bowl, and pour in the olive oil, lime juice, chilli, and salt to taste. Whisk it all together, and then throw in the papaya, celery, watercress, coriander, onion and prawns. Scatter the cashews over the top, and voila! It’s ready to serve.
This salad is going to pair beautifully with our all-time favourite wine for pairing with food, the Ottelia Riesling 2016. Incredible versatility, amazing flavour, and great fun to experiment with, this wine is surely a winner with prawns! Delicious!
There you have it -- a recipe for Prawn and Papaya Salad!
Take the guesswork out of picking new wines to try! Have a go at our palate quiz below and our Somm will choose the top 3 wines for you.