Setting the scene.
It’s our mission to liberate the world of wine from the aloof, the exclusive, the confusing, and the pretentious. To open up the joy of wine discovery for the novices through to the aficionados, by reimagining what the wine retail experience can be for one of the oldest consumer products on earth.
To give you an idea, one of our first products is something we like to call "Spotify for Wine". We like to think of it as providing monthly wine adventures, customised to each member's unique tastes, delivered to their door. Where they can learn as much (or as little) about their wines each month as they like. But this is just the startWe're a little over two years old, and we've just started to hit our stride.
We've got traction with thousands of monthly customers. We've got the funds to pay you what you deserve thanks to a recent funding round. And we've got a strategy in place to take us to the next level. All we need is your skills and hard work to make it a reality.
Up till now we've been a small and scrappy team doing the best we could to achieve our vision with limited resources. But now that we have a few more resources there's a lot of easy wins to conquer and an ambitious challenge to sink your teeth into after that. You can expect to play a massive role in growing what we're building. We've got grand ambitions for where we want to take this baby, and you're going to play a huge part in getting us there.
We're not saying it's going to be easy. But we suspect if you're the one we're looking for, then you wouldn't want it to be. So keep reading...
What your mission will be.
To take a best in the world retail experience and turn it into the largest Australian digital wine retailer within 3 years. Our growth to date has been thanks to a strong product market fit and as a result word of month, supported by a narrow digital marketing strategy. Now it’s time for the right person to thrive by leveraging their skills and experience to design and implement a media and partnerships marketing strategy to be the non-digital growth engine to continue our rapid ascent.
What we're looking for in you.
Strategic thinking. Vision. Influence. Network. Negotiation. Persistence. Organisation and planning. Creativity. Analytical skills. Communication. Management. Deep knowledge of digital marketing channels and tools.
How you'll be measured.
AC, Growth & ARPU, Number of customers, Churn differential by campaign. Revenue. Readership. Clicks to site through content and partnerships.
What key outcomes we want you to hit in the first 12 months.
- 1 Month: Work with founder and wine supply teams to take lessons from the past and develop a 12 month marketing and business dev plan to meet our ambitious goals. Including:
- Ambassadors, Wine Suppliers, Gift Partners, Product Partnerships, Influencers (including special products) Venue Partnerships, Corporate Partnerships.
- 3 Months: Month to 31 Dec Revenue target (to be disclosed during interview process) within CAC range.
- Rollout an end of year non digital (PR, events, partnerships, corporate sales, influencer, collab plan) marketing plan.
- Within 4 Months: Roll out a product promotion strategy for special wine product releases.
- Work with wine supply to determine sales targets.
- 6 Months: Develop and execute a big product launch strategy for new tech product suite rollout and customer acquisition strategy.
- 12 Months: Have rolled out 12 month marketing plan and hit an ambitious MRR target. 25% CAC reduction. ARPU increased by 50% on last year.
What's in it for you.
Apart from building an amazing company from the ground up, Comp is negotiable for the right person with an expected salary range of: [$80-120k]. Employee share options in the company a definite possibility. And of course, there's a free wine subscription with your name on it!
You'll if the shoe fits, you'll get the opportunity to become our head of non digital marketing.
What you have to do.
If after reading the above, it sounds right up your alley and you're dying to apply, then please send through at least your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
That's the whole burrito!