Setting the scene.
It’s our mission to liberate the world of wine from the aloof, the exclusive, the confusing, and the pretentious. To open up the joy of wine discovery for the novices through to the aficionados, by reimagining what the wine retail experience can be for one of the oldest consumer products on earth.
To give you an idea, one of our first products is something we like to call "Spotify for Wine". We like to think of it as providing monthly wine adventures, customised to each member's unique tastes, delivered to their door. Where they can learn as much (or as little) about their wines each month as they like. But this is just the startWe're a little over two years old, and we've just started to hit our stride.
We've got traction with thousands of monthly customers. We've got the funds to pay you what you deserve thanks to a recent funding round. And we've got a strategy in place to take us to the next level. All we need is your skills and hard work to make it a reality.
Up till now we've been a small and scrappy team doing the best we could to achieve our vision with limited resources. But now that we have a few more resources there's a lot of easy wins to conquer and an ambitious challenge to sink your teeth into after that. You can expect to play a massive role in growing what we're building. We've got grand ambitions for where we want to take this baby, and you're going to play a huge part in getting us there.
We're not saying it's going to be easy. But we suspect if you're the one we're looking for, then you wouldn't want it to be. So keep reading...
What your mission will be.
To build a world class operations and logistics system and team to support both unparalleled customer experience and our rapid growth. We have grown organically with a very hands on system, but now it’s time for the right leader to thrive by leveraging their skills and experience to improve, design and build their well oiled operations machine to take us to the next level.
What we're looking for in you.
Highly efficient organisation and planning skills. Passion for improving efficiency through systems. Process operations management training. Thrive on attention to detail. Always follow-through. Ability to hire, train and manage staff. An excel/spreadsheet native. Strong work ethic. Customer centric mindset. High product standards. Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal. Inventory / data management and forecasting experience.
How you'll be measured.
Customer happiness. Delivery costs. Delivery happiness. Time to delivery. Packing and packaging costs. Safety reporting. Inventory ratios.
What key outcomes we want you to hit in the first 12 months.
- 1 Month: Audit warehouse safety plan and build failsafe pick and packer staff roster.
- 2 Months: Have built scalable customer service system. Have taken responsibility for all warehouse operations including: staffing, incoming wine deliveries (domestics and international), stock and packaging preparation, packing operations and courier management.
- 3 Months: Build budgeting, expenses and delivery management systems.
- Less than 1% missing or broken deliveries per month within four months.
- All broken, missing deliveries accounted for, budgeted and explained.
- 4 months: Have built intelligent inventory forecasting, management and inbound logistics systems.
- Using wine gallery tech stack and leveraging best in class software and data techniques to support wine buyers.
- 5 months: Innovate and optimise shipping cost per delivery.
- New potential systems such as interstate warehouse / drop points.
- 6 Months: Decrease packaging cost by 40% in first six months.
- More efficient supplier management, materials sources and storage / bulk order analysis.
- 12 Months: Domestics logistics system redesign.
- Own drivers. Software comparison, cost vs service analysis.
- Plan out and execute a warehouse expansion (open in new cities, countries) and the related delivery/stock optimisation.
What's in it for you?
Apart from building an amazing company from the ground up, Comp is negotiable for the right person with an expected salary range of: [$110-150k]. Employee share options in the company a definite possibility. And of course, there's a free wine subscription with your name on it!.
What do I have to do?
If after reading the above, it sounds right up your alley and you're dying to apply, then please send through at least your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
That's the whole burrito!