Setting the scene.
It’s our mission to liberate the world of wine from the aloof, the exclusive, the confusing, and the pretentious. To open up the joy of wine discovery for the novices through to the aficionados, by reimagining what the wine retail experience can be for one of the oldest consumer products on earth.
To give you an idea, one of our first products is something we like to call "Spotify for Wine". We like to think of it as providing monthly wine adventures, customised to each member's unique tastes, delivered to their door. Where they can learn as much (or as little) about their wines each month as they like. But this is just the startWe're a little over two years old, and we've just started to hit our stride.
We've got traction with thousands of monthly customers. We've got the funds to pay you what you deserve thanks to a recent funding round. And we've got a strategy in place to take us to the next level. All we need is your skills and hard work to make it a reality.
Up till now we've been a small and scrappy team doing the best we could to achieve our vision with limited resources. But now that we have a few more resources there's a lot of easy wins to conquer and an ambitious challenge to sink your teeth into after that. You can expect to play a massive role in growing what we're building. We've got grand ambitions for where we want to take this baby, and you're going to play a huge part in getting us there.
We're not saying it's going to be easy. But we suspect if you're the one we're looking for, then you wouldn't want it to be. So keep reading...
What your mission will be.
To understand exactly what our users are doing on our site and in our marketing channels and then improving and optimising their digital experience, while also sourcing new customers from the best performing digital channels and supporting our product launches.
What we're looking for in you.
Data. Analytics. Expert level understanding and hands on experience of all digital traffic sources, paid and organic. Attention to detail. Creativity. Data obsessed. Team work. Designers eye for ad creative.
How you'll be measured.
Traffic. Bounce rate. CAC. Churn & Growth. Other website stats. User interaction. NPS. Experiment throughput Cohort analysis.
What key outcomes we want you to hit in the first 12 months.
- 1 Month: Design, build and fill out the historical metrics for an in-depth measurement plan of the most important metrics that are occurring on our site and across all our channels. Site stats, SEM, SEO, Email, Site etc.
- 2 Months: Build an experimentation framework for improving our key metrics and traffic. E.g. bounce, click-through, conversion and test 5 hypothesis for easy wins.
- 3 Months: Have improved all key metrics in measurement plan by 10-50%.
- 3 Months: Have taken full control of facebook ecosystem marketing and reduced CAC by 20% and doubling growth.
- 4 Months: Have tested all main digital channels not yet utilized by the Wine Gallery and scaled any successes to maximum under CAC allowance. Have built our the entire digital framework to capture our consumers attention.
- 6 Months: Have supported the wine and product teams product launched with full breadth of paid and organic digital channels.
- 12 Months: Have laid the foundation for us to become a data first organisation and worked with the dev team to build a best in breed wine AI foundation.
What's in it for you.
Apart from building an amazing company from the ground up, Comp is negotiable for the right person with an expected salary range of: [$100-150k]. Employee share options in the company a definite possibility. And of course, there's a free wine subscription with your name on it!
You'll if the shoe fits, you'll get the opportunity to become our head of non digital marketing.
What you have to do.
If after reading the above, it sounds right up your alley and you're dying to apply, then please send through at least your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
That's the whole burrito!