What you'll need:
- 750g podded broad beans
- 750g peas
- 200g mangetout, trimmed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint leaves
- 180g pulled ham hock or chopped ham hock
- 70g fresh green leaves (we like pea shoots)
- Salt and pepper
Time: 30 mins
Bring a big pan of salted water to the boil. Toss in your broad beans and cook them for 2 minutes until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon, and put to one side.
Cook the peas and the mangetout in the same water for about one minute, drain well, and put with the broad beans.
Make sure all the vegetables are well drained (you can also pat them dry with kitchen paper), then stick them in a big salad bowl and toss in the olive oil and vinegar.
Just before serving, mix in all the other ingredients, season well with salt and pepper, and enjoy with some crusty bread. Nice!
This salad dish will go wonderfully with the elegant Painted Wolf 'Jemma' Chenin Blanc 2017. The apples, pears, lemon and white flower flavours are going to work well with this zingy salad!
There you have it -- a recipe for Ham Hock and Greens Salad!
Take the guesswork out of picking new wines to try! Have a go at our palate quiz below and our Somm will choose the top 3 wines for you.