Setting the Scene.
It’s our mission to liberate the world of wine from the aloof, the exclusive, the confusing, and the pretentious. To open up the joy of wine discovery for the novices through to the aficionados, by reimagining what the wine retail experience can be for one of the oldest consumer products on earth.
To give you an idea, one of our first products is something we like to call "Spotify for Wine". We like to think of it as providing monthly wine adventures, customised to each member's unique tastes, delivered to their door. Where they can learn as much (or as little) about their wines each month as they like. But this is just the start. We're a little over two years old, and we've just started to hit our stride.
We've got traction with thousands of monthly customers. We've got the funds to pay you what you deserve thanks to a recent funding round. And we've got a strategy in place to take us to the next level. All we need is your skills and hard work to make it a reality.
Up till now we've been a small and scrappy team doing the best we could to achieve our vision with limited resources. But now that we have a few more resources there's a lot of easy wins to conquer and an ambitious challenge to sink your teeth into after that. You can expect to play a massive role in growing what we're building. We've got grand ambitions for where we want to take this baby, and you're going to play a huge part in getting us there.
We're not saying it's going to be easy. But we suspect if you're the one we're looking for, then you wouldn't want it to be. So keep reading...
What your mission will be.
Capture and communicate the best consumer wine retail experience in Australia through film and photography. That means working with our growing internal creative team to film, photograph and edit footage and images of our product and customer experience to create engaging content and digital ads to be shared across all digital mediums. Create tasting videos of our sommeliers explaining new monthly wines. Create emotion-stirring photos of each wine that reflect the wine's nature of style (our wine team will give you a basic brief for this). Create fun and fresh images for social channels that suit brand standards. Feel comfortable to jump in and shoot for live social videos.
What we're looking for in you.
Can do mindset, creativity, innovation, organization, planning, teamwork, excellent communication skills, deadline driven, reliable.
How you'll be measured.
Speed and quality of content production. Engagement of the content across digital channels. Brand cohesion of content created. Idea generation. Hitting all your outcomes.
What key outcomes we want you to hit in the first 6 months.
- Month 1: Understand our brand and creative direction by liaising with a number of current staff across the creative and wine teams. Take a stunning hero image for all our new wines to be release the following month. Work with the wine team, to film and edit tasting videos for launch before the end of the month and add these both your ongoing monthly responsibilities for new wine releases. Take product images and clips to be used across organic social media. Film any customer or promotional events and edit into a shareable format. Help our social media team to produce engaging instagram stories and live videos.
- Month 2: Film and edit 2-3 facebook and instagram optimised ad videos. Work with internal creative team to decide on the required content, formats and intended use and messaging. Continue to capture on brand and inspirational product and lifestyle shots to be used across our channels on a monthly basis. Film any events.
- Month 3: Film and edit longer form (1) how it works; and (2) brand story videos to be used across paid social channels as well as longer platforms like youtube. Your help producing and support with direction will be big bonus points.
- Month 4: Turn a 3-5 of our best written content pieces into engaging and digitally optimised videos to be shared across all our channels. Help to continue to build out our internal creative team by sourcing other amazing talent to fill any missing areas of expertise.
- Month 6: Have continued to film and edit on brand ad content with the help and direction of the internal creative team. Have continued with all monthly responsibilities, including wine photography, tasting videos, content videos, brand, lifestyle and product photography on an ongoing basis.
You'll be a great fit if you:
- Have a passion for communicating through digital visual mediums.
- Have fun being a generalist working with both film and photography.
- Enjoy being creative and trying new approaches to communicate the joy and fun of wine.
- Love exploring and can jump in and get your hands dirty to try new ideas and concepts.
- Have at least three years of experience in videography and content creation.
- Are deadline driven and feel comfortable with quick turn around when necessary.
- Are on top of current trends and content styles/formats.
- Are proficient in Lightroom, AE, and PS and either Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- Have experience in graphic design and GIF making.
- Have an interest in social media.
- Have an interest in general design.
- Have experience working within the constraints of a well articulated brand identity.
So what's in it for you?
First and foremost we've been building some really fun stuff. Check out our site, log in, play around, order some wine, take a look at our Instagram feed, and get a feel for the basic wine experience we've created.
Then let your mind wonder how we could take things to the next level in terms of elevating our visual content to really reflect the unique and fun wine experience our brand offers. That's what you'll be working on. Bonus points if you love wine.
We know that creative people are the happiest and do their best work when they're empowered to work on their own daily schedule. We're the same. You can expect to work hard, but productively, with a focus on results, not face time.
You'll be moving quickly and facing new challenges and deadlines all the time, but what your day looks like is up to you. Even if that means photo or film editing from your couch some days so you can focus.
We're a small but growing team and we all get to chip in with ideas, so if you are a team player, you will be energized by the creative minds we already have on the team too.
Compensation is: $50-60k salary.
Negotiable: employee share options.
Oh and of course a free wine subscription.
What do I have to do?
If after reading the above, it sounds right up your alley and you're dying to apply, then please send through CV and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include three examples of brand related video content that you love, two examples of companies doing really cool things with product photography and one startup that inspires you.