What you'll need:
- 20 big king prawns
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass, tough skin removed, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of a lime
- 100ml olive oil
Time: 30 mins
Take all of those lovely fresh chopped ingredients, and put them into a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, the lime juice and the lime zest, and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse and mingle together.
Remove the heads and shells of your king prawns, but leave the tails on. Toss well in the marinade - really get them coated and buzzing with flavour - and then barbecue or grill for 45 seconds on each side, or until just turned pink. Serve with a fresh green salad, and share with friends. Perfection!
This Thai dish deserves to be paired with the light and fruity Verdelho such as the Small Change White 2017. This wine is a winner with southeast Asian dishes! Delicious!
There you have it -- a classic recipe for Thai Prawns!
Take the guesswork out of picking new wines to try! Have a go at our palate quiz below and our Somm will choose the top 3 wines for you.