What you'll need:
- 300g lean beef steak (rump is probably best)
- 1.5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 yellow and 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp ground cumin, paprika, and coriander
- 400g tin of kidney beans, drained
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 25g fresh coriander
- Lime wedges for squeezing
- 4 x white flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 little gem lettuce, shredded, to serve
- Salt and pepper
Time: 30 mins
Season the beef very well with black pepper. Stir fry in half a tbsp of oil in a large pan for 1.5 mins, until browned but not cooked through, then put on a plate to one side.
In the remaining oil and in the same pan, cook the peppers and onion by stir-frying for 5-6 mins. Add the spices, season well, and cook for another minute. Stir in the kidney beans, tomatoes, and return the beef to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, until the beans and the beef are both hot.
Stir in the chilli and season again. Remove from the heat, scatter with coriander and add a squeeze of lime. Toss gently. Serve by putting some lettuce on a warmed tortilla, piling the beef mix on top, then adding some extra coriander. Serve immediately with a lime wedge on the side.
This beef dish will go brilliantly with a bright, fresh Malbec from Mendoza. Pair it with the Luigi Bosca 'La Linda' Malbec 2017 -- it sure is going to work like a dream!
There you have it -- a special recipe for Beef Fajitas!
Take the guesswork out of picking new wines to try! Have a go at our palate quiz below and our Somm will choose the top 3 wines for you.