What you'll need:
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest of ½ lemon, and a splash of the juice
- 400g can of cannellini beans (drained)
- chopped dill
- roughly chopped parsley
- half a small bulb of fennel, shaved (use a potato peeler)
- half a peeled cucumber, shaved into ribbons
- a can of the best quality tinned tuna, drained
- a large tbsp pumpkin seeds
Time: 10 minutes
First, make your dressing. In a jam jar (or similar lidded container) put the lemon zest, a good squeeze of juice, the mustard, olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper, and give it a really good shake to get everything well mixed.
Into a large bowl, tip the beans and pour the dressing over, before stirring well. Add the herbs, cucumber, and fennel and gently flake the tuna into the mix, so the flakes remain large with some integrity. Gently fold, and serve on a plate topped with scattered pumpkin seeds.
This light and healthy salad would pair beautifully with a rosé from Languedoc. Enjoy this with a bottle of Domaine Rimbert 'Petit Cochon Bronze' Rosé for a winning combination!
There you have it -- an easy recipe for Fennel and Tuna Salad!
Take the guesswork out of picking new wines to try! Have a go at our palate quiz below and our Somm will choose the top 3 wines for you.